Sunday, May 9, 2010

Beware the Weeping Angel!


Next weeks Doctor Who episode: Flesh and Stone

Dan Martin: The TV critic for The Guardian UK - Saturday 1 May 2010

"I'm just going to come right out and say it. Flesh and Stone can lay credible claim to being the greatest episode of Doctor Who there has ever been. That's better than Genesis Of The Daleks and better than City Of Death and better than Tomb Of The Cybermen and, yes, better than Blink. It's just ridiculously good – so much that there's scarcely any point in picking out moments because there was an iconic sequence every couple of seconds. Amy's creepy countdown; "I made him say comfy chairs," the oxygen factory; "I think the Angels are laughing"; the moment when the Angel starts to move… You literally have to keep catching your breath."

6 comments:

  1. THE ANGELS ARE SO CREEPY. I love that they brought them back, 'Blink' is one of my favourite episodes. Also, Eleven and Amy are fantastic and this series has been awesome so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WATCHED IT?! :D
    Yes it is brilliant! Flesh and Stone was amazing! I wish they would get together already .. in real life. When you finally get to see the angels move, that is the creepiest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SIR THAT SCARED THE.....OUTTA ME T_T" I hated that Blink episode ever since I watched it in year 9
    and now it's back to haunt me

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Angels which look like decayed bodies are ridiculously creepy. Those episodes are the best though: traditional hide-behind the sofa scary.
    Soap: Yes! Matt and Kaz! The new series is quite good. I can't wait to see the vampires episode.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampires one is pretty good but no where near comparable to the Weeping Angels. It does have some good calls/quotes though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to the Dreams episode xD

    ReplyDelete