Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We had a good HEX Day today!



2011 HEX went to the Museum of Sydney, the Mint & the Police and Justice Museum for some inspiration!

The people at the Police and Justice let us go into the Loft - where they keep all their "secret" stuff!! lol Well, the stuff that they are working on and haven't released to the public yet.

At the MOS we looked at the Plague (Yuk!!!) in Sydney. Again good fun, except for the rats.

The only thing that I wasn't happy about was Jennifer Lawless telling everyone that she wanted them to write like Elton and not like Jenkins!!! Mmmmmmmmmm

Yes I know, I know.... why didn't we do anything kool like that?? Sorry people in 2010, but the museums are now getting their act together and offering some good stuff. Last year's program wasn't up to this!

9 comments:

  1. I cannot believe this. :(
    And I thought we were friends. The Class of 2010 is deeply hurt by this. Boooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL did you Google that, Sir? tu es bonissimum :)
    I only wish we had an excursion. We had nothing for all histories :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't have to google, that's the problem with being raised a Catholic Soph!! lol I can only say sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sophia. Deeply deeply hurt. Year 11 yet excursions and I have to wait UNTIL THE LAST DAY OF THE HSC!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, we never got excursions!!
    Having said that, I've been there before. It's pretty cool. I remember the guide telling us (jokingly) about a rat infestation and then laughing as about half a dozen girls began frantically scanning the area and edging towards the door.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did two days of work experience at MoS. it was a strange experience. i don't remember much about rats though...hmmm...
    and just to be different, i'm going to say that i'm not annoyed we didn't get excursions. come on people, do you really think an excursion to a museum- talking about rats- could beat the joyous and stimulating experience of learning about history in the classroom with mr sheldrick's marvellous stories and teaching tools?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sarah!!! I knew you wouldn't give me up so quickly. :) Gaby and Sophia have already sent me letter bombs, but somehow they ended up going to the US by mistake. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL yeah ... but they get that AND the excursion. It's the principle. Haha. Oops, spam mail? Mea culpa.

    ReplyDelete