Friday, April 30, 2010

Should you go and see The White Ribbon?



Some people have sent me emails asking if we can go and see 'The White Ribbon' which starts on 6 May.

Well you are probably going to think I am a big baby, but ... No!!

Yes it is superb and yes it does explain quite a lot about the German pre-Nazi psyche, but I just found it too disturbing and depressing. I just don't think that you need this in a year when you have enough HSC stress, etc... I would not have taken my own kids to this when they were in Year 12.

I thought it was an excellent piece of movie art, but I can't really say that I enjoyed it. I kind of wish I hadn't seen it even if I do think that I understand Nazi Germany a bit better after seeing it... if that makes sense!?

But you are big people! lol What you do in your own time is your business. But don't say I didn't warn you!

6 comments:

  1. ooohh!! i JUST saw that movie being advertised in the paper today and i was going to ask you about it

    BBUUUTTTTT!!!!! i guess NOT! haha people already beat me to it! but i'm going to take your advise for it and watch it when i'm a bit more grown up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't be as depressing as this video D:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAaH_HlUD68

    It made me cry!!!!!!!
    It's a video taken in Turkey inside a parking lot where a tomcat tries to revive his injured girlfriend (who got run over by a car).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wikied this movie and watched the trailer on youtube
    my god it sounds extremely depressing but for some strange reason I want to watch it... but i'll take your advice and postpone watching it until after my HSC is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMYYYYYYYYYY THAT WAS SO SAD.

    I wikied the movie too, it sounds pretty intense. I'm not sure I'd want to watch it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. D: yeah it is sad!

    I also wikied the movie o__o I am currently broke so I don't think I'm gonna watch it in cinema xD

    I'm sure my parents will buy it when it comes out on DVD :D

    ReplyDelete