Monday, February 14, 2011

Tiergarten Quelle, Tiergarten, Berlin

DISCOVERY FIVE (Well... not really. I always go there when I'm in Berlin.)




I love this pub. When I stay in Berlin I always try to stay near the Tiergarten - it's like Hyde Park in Sydney but much much much bigger! But it is right in the middle of Berlin. I like the Novotel am Tiergarten because you can walk up to the Brandenburg Gate or across to the KuDam really easily. But... also because the Tiergarten Quelle (Cellar) pub is walking/stumbling distance & they serve Lemke Beer - which is my favourite because the Lemkes are the German side of my family.

And....... I almost forgot......... the food is really good.

My wife absolutely hates the place. "It's too dark". "It's too noisy". "It's filled with bikers". Moan moan moan!!! But I love it. It is dark, grungy and ABSOLUTELY Berlin!!! lol

2 comments:

  1. Are those beer glasses as tall as that lady's forearm? I think I'd appreciate this place just as much as you do. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jess the beer is that big. I have seen 2 very old ladies demolish 3 of those over a light lunch in Berlin. I could not have walked if I had done it. They went out and finished their shopping. lol

    ReplyDelete